Casting Call: Monsters Wanted!
Do you love Halloween? Are you a horror movie fan? Or just curious what it looks like behind the scenes at a haunted house? Well, you’re in luck… we need volunteers!
2020 Volunteer Packets
Volunteers can join us at the Fine Arts Building on the W. H. Lyons Fairgrounds Tuesday-Friday 6-9pm, or Saturday from 1-4pm. This is the opportunity for volunteers to stop in and get their paperwork filled out and learn more about this year’s haunt, and jump in to help build sets or create costumes.
There are so many different roles for scare acting, from a simple jump scare to fully fledged scare sequences. Don’t know what that means? That’s ok! We have a scare school to get you up to speed, and we continue to help our actors grow throughout the scare season.
What you should know is:
- You don’t need to have experience to volunteer.
- We have a costume and makeup team to get you ready for your victims. You can bring your own costume, but make sure to check with the costume team to make sure we can use that costume within the haunt.
- Be open to new ideas! We have a lot of different themes and rooms, and we encourage switching it up if you want to try something new.
- Know that seniority might play a part in casting. We will always have a place for you! But some roles may go to people that do have experience, or, might be a better fit for that kind of scare. Being willing to pitch in where needed is greatly appreciated.
- Finally, have fun! There’s nothing quite like getting your first scream.
Build & Operations
There are many behind-the-scenes details that go into running a haunted house. If you are interested in joining our haunt family, but are not sure where you would be a good fit, let us know! We can always use more help for line management, customer service, responding to issues or alarms, and most importantly, taking care of our actors! It can be as simple as wearing a costume and stepping in for breaks, or walking through the haunt to deliver water to our actors.
With shows like FaceOff, Skin Wars and more, special effects makeup is something more people are getting into every day. We have makeup artists to help transform our actors into the terrifying monsters inside of the haunted house, and are launching our first makeup internship for the 2019 scare season. Make sure to apply!
Even if you don’t make the internship, we still will accept more volunteers that are interested and willing to step in to make our monsters shine.